Saturday, April 25, 2009

First post

Just thought I would give a brief introduction to this blog. I started it mostly so that I could blog about the Daring Bakers group, which I am now excitedly a member of!

I have never been really "into" cooking. I mostly just throw some meat and vegetables with a side dish of fruit, cottage cheese, or a salad. I suppose I am an eat to live kind of person. For several years I have been making sure I was feeding my family in a healthy manner. Over the past 12-18 months, I have taken a deeper interest in cooking. I have been experimenting with new flavors, new foods, and definitely presentation. Some have turned out fabulous, others, not so much. I still have a very long way to go, but it has been a fun process. My kids love to cook so that makes it extra special. We definitely get great quality time out of it.

I am playing around with the photography side of food now. Wow, do I have alot to learn there. As hard as I try, I cannot seem to achieve the beautiful pictures that I see all over the internet. I will keep trying.

About the name of this blog. When my children were smaller, I would sing to them when I fed them. "It's delicious, it's deluxuous, it tastes so good!" "Mmmmm, yum, yum! That's yummy" So that phrase has a place in our hearts now. And I figured since my children are so involved in cooking in our household, it was an appropriate name.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment